Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Punny Mechanic

When I dropped my car off at the shop yesterday, I saw something I'd never seen before. One of the mechanics had actually climbed into the the engine compartment of the truck he was working on.

I remarked on that to shop owner Mark Bishop and he said, "Yeah, he really gets into his work."

I love it! A great pun like that can brighten my whole day.

Then to make the day even better: Mark gave me a ride home while my car was being fixed, and as he dropped me off he said, "I'll call you shortly. Well, actually I won't call you "Shortly," I'll call you Claude. And I'll let you know when your car is ready!"

Great stuff. Reminds me of the time I tried working as a lumberjack. I couldn't hack it, so they gave me the ax.

Or the time I tried pottery. I gave it up when I realized it was just kiln time.

Come on--you're groaning, but you know you love it.

5 comments:

  1. Are you really this chipper at 5 a.m.? Or was this pre-scheduled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Tracy, you know me better than most. What do you think?

      Delete
  2. My guess would be that you are up bright and early at the crack of dawn studying, doing yoga, cooking Lorie breakfast and cleaning the house. But, since you are so busy when most of us are still sleeping, you probably had this pre-scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. If anyone is reading these comments, you should know that Tracy Weinmann is our Media Coordinator and what you have here is a great example of an employee "sucking up." Of course, I don't mind it at all. As the great Michael Scott once said, "I don't want people sucking up to me to advance their careers. I want people sucking up to me because they genuinely love me." :)

      Seriously, I wrote this post yesterday. As soon as Mark dropped me off, I ran into the house and typed it and then scheduled it to post today so I wouldn't have two posts in one day. (Also, I didn't want to draw attention away from the post on Living Water.) I just picked 5 am at random.

      Delete
  3. I don't know what you are talking about - me sucking up to the boss man. It's not like I buy you gifts or anything like that. I mean the last thing I got you was a coffee mug that said "World's Best Boss"...

    ReplyDelete