Saturday, October 5, 2013

An Act of Terrorism Hits Close to Home



You probably heard about the Terrorist attack on Westgate Shopping Mall in Nairobi, Kenya. 3 days of terror. 72 dead. Over 200 wounded.

What I didn't realize until just now is how close to home this thing hits.

At the end of this month, I'll be traveling to Tanzania to work with a United Methodist missionary couple named Eric and Elizabeth Soard. I'll be helping them conduct a training school for pastors in the Tanzania conference of the United Methodist Church.

Today I checked out their blog and discovered that Eric and Elizabeth -- and their son -- had visited Westgate Mall only a few days before the attack.

In the blog post, Eric reflects on the attack from the perspective of Christian theology. You can read it here.  And while you're on their blog, learn more about Eric and Elizabeth's ministry in Tanzania. I'll be joining them there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment