Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's still my favorite holiday.

I love the food. The time with family. The days off from work. The reminder to pause and count blessings. Like I said in Tuesday's post -- we have a lot to be thankful for. 

Lorie and I are driving down the mountain to spend Thanksgiving with family, and I'll be taking a few days off from blogging. Be sure to check back next week. I'll continue the "What I Learned in Africa" series (with some stuff I did NOT share in last Sunday's sermon!) and I'll post some thoughts on Covenant's 20th Anniversary celebration coming up this Sunday. 

IN THE MEANTIME: Check out these blog posts from friends and colleagues of mine…

  • In the spirit of what I posted yesterday about being proud of the United Methodist Church, here's a recent piece by Jim Harnish on "Why I am a Methodist." 
If you're traveling, be safe. 

If you're a member of Covenant, I hope to see you Sunday at our 20th Celebration. 

And if you're one of my faithful readers -- see ya' next week!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment