Friday, July 11, 2014

A Extravagant Welcome

To the people of Main Street United Methodist Church:

THANK YOU!

Lorie and I have been here one week. I haven't even preached yet. And we already feel at home.

You've welcomed us in so many ways: Cards...gifts...phone calls, emails, visits ... invitations to become Facebook friends. And the food. Oh my goodness. Lorie and I have not cooked a single meal since we've been here!

I'm so looking forward to my first service with you on Sunday. I'll be preaching on my all-time favorite Bible passage--Luke 15:11-24

Among other things, it's a story of  extravagant welcome.

And that's what I've received from you.

The post below contains links to various pages on this blog that will show you some of the things I'm passionate about and help you get to know me better. And if you've got 10 minutes to watch a very silly, very crazy video that my son and his wife made about me, click here.

Once again: THANK YOU.  I'm can't wait to see what God is gonna do as we follow Jesus together!

1 comment:

  1. glad all is well in high point and you are feeling at home. and, i wouldn't expect anything other than a sermon on your favorite scripture. best wishes!

    ReplyDelete